Wedge Wire Screen
The continuous-slot well screen is widely used throughout the world for water, oil, and gas wells, and is the dominant screen type used in the water well industry.
Wedge Wire Screen
The continuous-slot well screen is widely used throughout the world for water, oil, and gas wells, and is the dominant screen type used in the water well industry. Continuous-Slot Well Screen is made by winding cold-rolled wire, approximately triangular in cross section, around a circular array of the longitudinal rods. The wire is attached to the rods by welding, producing rigid one-piece units having high strength characteristics at minimum weights. Slot opening for continuous-slot screens are manufactured by spacing successive turns of the outer wire to produce the desired slot size. All slots should be clean and free of burrs and cuttings.Each slot opening between adjacent wires is V-shaped, from the special shape of wire used to form the screen surface. The V-shaped openings designed to be nonclogging, are narrowest at the outer face and widen inwardly; Features as below
1. Production process continuity: V-shaped profile wires creating slots which enlarge inwardly and therefore avoid clogging and minimize downtime.
2. Low maintenance costs: Separation at the screen surface which can easily cleaned by scraping or back washing.
3. Maximum process output: Precise and continuous slot openings resulting in accurate separation without loss of media.
4. Low operational costs: Large open area with an effective flow, high yield and a low pressure drop (dP)
5. Long live: Welded at each intersection creating a strong and durable screen.
6. Reduced installation costs: supporting constructions eliminating costly support media and enabling a maximum flexibility in the design of components.
7. Chemical and thermal resistant: A variety of corrosion resistant stainless steel materials and alloys suitable for high temperatures and pressures.Each slot opening between adjacent wires is V-shaped, resulting from the special shape of the wire used to form the screen surface. The V-shaped opeings, designed to be nonclogging, are narrowest at the outer face and widen inwardly.Continuous-slot screens provide more intake area per unit area of screen surface than any other type. For any given slot size, this type of screen has maximum open area.
|Screen Size||Inside Diameter||Outside Diameter||OD of Female Threaded End|
Slot size (mm):0.10,0.15,0.2,0.25,0.30-3,or as per customer request.
Open area up to 60%.
Material: Low Carbon, Low Carbon Galvanized steel (LCG), steel treated with plastic spraying, Stainless Steel
Lengths as per requirement
Diameter ranging from 25 mm to 800 mm
End Connection :Plain,Beveled ends,or Threaded.
Precise Punched Slot Screen (PPS)